Help Haiti


If you been online at all this week or turned on the TV you have heard about the tragedy in Haiti. The earthquake has impacted over 3 million people and thousand are expected dead. My heart aches for them and what they must be going through.
I received an email today from the Rock the Vote campaign. It said that Rock the Vote had teamed up with the artist Wyclef (who's from Haiti) and he started the Yele Haiti Relief fund. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and needless to say, they need our help and Yele Haiti Relief Fund made it really easy for us to do so. You can text "Yele" to 501501 to donate $5 to the Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund (it will be charged to your cell phone bill. So simple. Really, how many of us will notice an extra $5 charge on our phone bill? Just think of the impact it will have if everyone did this, just $5. Five dollars to help someone who's lost everything they have and people they love. Five dollars to help keep them warm and safe.
I have been so touched by this tragedy and I truly believe in my heart that people are good and caring by nature. I think that we all want to help others and give to make a world a better place. We are so incredibly blessed in this country and I think it's incredible that with a simple text we can send a little love to those how need it. I really hope that everyone that reads this will take a few second from their day to text "Yele" to 501501. I did it and I'm trying to spread the word. It's now on my blog and also up on my facebook status. If you get a chance post it on yours as well. You can also donate by going to yele.org and click DONATE.
Much love, Sabrina

No comments: