Smartypants McGee

Ayelen LOVES to read. She's now on her 3rd chapter book and is very proud of herself. She always enjoyed being read to when she was little and as she got older, she loved to read to her brothers. But it seemed that school had taken the fun out reading. It had become a chore. This last month though something changed. I think my new found love of reading has made her rekindle her love of books. Junie B. Jones books are her favorite. She crawls up on the recliner or snuggles tight in her with my little book light. She'll laugh out loud at the silly things Junie B. says and does. Sights like this make my heart full with joy and pride. Like I said before, I was never a reader. I struggled a lot with reading my entire life. So I worked really hard from the day she was born to make reading a part of her life. I guess the only part that was missing was teaching by example.

No comments: